One of our newest demo bikes to the shop, the 2018 Enduro Comp 29/6Fattie will keep you hungry for more and more trail. This bike is a machine. It is fun, and fast, and grippy, and can I say, "FUN," again? :)
I took this bike out for one of the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition Friday 6 Pack group rides, and I think the word I used to describe riding it to my friends was, "ridiculous." It is just absolutely ridiculous how much fun riding this bike down Road Hollow was - how in control I felt even when hitting the descents faster than I ever had before, and how quick it was to respond when I needed to pedal as fast as possible.
If you get the chance, you should ride it! (Check out our demo bikes HERE!)
The 2018 Enduro comes with a few changes from the 2017 model after Specialized heard feedback from riders. The 2018 model now has a slacker front end, a longer top tube, shorter chain stays, and the bottom bracket has been lowered a bit. A new feature that I think is pretty cool is the ability to toggle from a "high" BB height at 354mm to a "low" BB height at 346mm. All of this together makes the bike truly feel glued to the ground, and the platform is more responsive and capable then ever.
Enduro Comp 29/6Fattie Specs:
- Frame: M5 alloy, X-wing layout, All Mountain Geometry, threaded BB, internal cable routing, ManFu link, oversized pivot bearings, alloy link and adjustable, shock extension12x148mm dropouts, replaceable derailleur hanger, 160mm of travel
- Fork: RockShox Yari RC 6Fattie, tapered steerer, 51mm offset, rebound / compression adust, 15x110mm Maxle® Ultimate thru-axle, Boost™ spacing, 160mm of travel
- Shock: RockShox Monarch Plus w/ AUTOSAG, 3-position compression adjust, rebound adjust, custom tune, 57.1x215.9mm
- Wheels: Roval Traverse 29, alloy
- Tire: Butcher Grid 2Bliss Ready 29x2.3 (My favorite tire!)
- Shift lever: SRAM GX 11speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX 11speed
- Cassette: SRAM XG 11 speed, 10-42
- Brakes: SRAM Guide R Hydraulic
- Handlebar: Specialized DH, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 27mm rise, 800mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Seatpost: Command Post IRcc, 12-position micro-height adjustable dropper