Registration Link: https://www.bikereg.com/2016-poolesville-road-race
Start line address: 17550 W Willard Rd, Poolesville, MD 20637, Poolesville, MD20837
Presented by NCVC/UnitedHealthcare
A MABRA BAR Event (except for Men Cat 5)
USA Cycling Event Permit # 2016-228
* The Masters Men's 45+ and Masters Men's 55+ race (8:30 start time), Women's 3 and Women's 4 (8:35 start time), and the Men's Cat 3 and Women's Pro 1/2/3 race (12:20 start time) feature combined fields which will be scored separately and have separate prize lists. Spaces remaining unfilled in a field in each of those races at the close of preregistration will be allocated to the other field if that other field has met its field limit by that time. Entrants for those reallocated slots will be filled from persons listed on the waitlist.
** The Women's 3 payout for its top 3 places is equal to the payout of the first 3 places of the Men's Cat 3 race. The Women's 4 payout for its top 3 places is equal to the payout of the first 3 places of the Men's Cat 4 race.
*** The Women's Pro 1/2/3 payout for its top 5 places is equal to the payout of the first 5 places of the Men's Pro 1/2/3 race. The women's races are dedicated to the memory of Judith Flannery.
In addition to the other prizes, the winner in each field listed above will receive a gravel-enhanced trophy in celebration of this unique course.
Registration: BikeReg.com -- https://www.bikereg.com/2016-poolesville-road-race. Pre-registration closes Tuesday May 3rd at 8 p.m. EDT. Field Limit: 75 for all races (combined fields counted as one race for field limit purposes). Pre-reg entry fee: $40 (does not include Bike Reg fee of $3.10). Any junior pre-registering will receive a $30 rebate once pre-registration closes.
- Race day registration fee: $50 (includes $10 late fee); $10 juniors (no late fee).
- Registration opens 0700 hrsat Poolesville Baptist Church, 17750 West Willard, Poolesville. Registration closes 30 minutes prior to the start of each race.
- Refund and Transfer Policy: No swapping or transferring of registrations. A refund request, however, may be made by sending -- no later than 9 p.m. on Friday, April 29th -- an e-mail requesting the refund to: email@example.com . After that date, no refund request will be honored.
- Race goes rain or shine unless officials call off the race.
- Bring a trainer. No warming up/cooling down on course.
Please be considerate of our hosts, the residents of Poolesville.
NCVC has zero tolerance for public urination, obstruction of traffic, and obscenity.
Juniors: Gear restrictions will be enforced. Juniors should plan to roll out their bikes for officials after their race to confirm compliance with gear restrictions. There is no separate junior field.
Racing licenses required of all competitors: The race is run under USA Cycling rules, including those applicable to the issuance of one-day licenses. Check out the licensing rules at www.usacycling.org . On race day, one-day licenses costing $10 will be available onsite only for novice competitors seeking to race in the Men's Category 5 or Women's Category 4 events. Such one-day $10 licenses for Men's Category 5 or Women's Category 4 events may also be purchased prior to the event through USA Cycling at:
Information:. firstname.lastname@example.org . Race day emergency phone: 202-905-1703.
Results: MABRA BAR scoring is provided courtesy of Bikereg and Road-Results.com. MABRA BAR races for this event are all except Men’s Cat 5
From the Washington Beltway (I495): Take I270 N to Exit 6, Rt 28 West (Poolesville). Take 28 west about 11.3 miles. Veer left onto Whites Ferry Rd into Poolesville. Turn left onto West Willard. Staging area and registration across from high school at church.
From the North: Take I270 South to exit 22, Route 109 West (Old Hundred Rd) In Barnesville, MD, turn right onto Barnesville Rd and then left onto 109 South, now Beallsville Rd (becomes Elgin). Stay on Elgin. Turn left onto Wootton.
- (Please observe the speed limit signs approaching the Town; there are very sensitive speed cameras on Whites Ferry Road.)
Staging Area: The staging area is on West Willard at the Poolesville Baptist Church. The feed zone is located on Westerly about 1/2 mile prior to the new finish line on Westerly (about 3/4 mile from West Willard); no feeds last lap.
The designated parking area for competitors is at the south lot at Poolesville High School that must be entered from West Willard. The lot is located south (to the right) of the curved driveway in front of the main entrance when facing the school. There is no parking at the high school lot that borders Wootton Avenue. If the designated lot at the high school is full, utilize the grassy lot on the north side of the skateboard park (Dr. Dillingham Park) located at Hoskinson and Wootton (behind and next to the shopping mall about 4 blocks from start.
-- NO COMPETITOR PARKING AT THE CHURCH --
Course Description and Layout: Rolling, country roads. 1.4 mi hard packed dirt per lap. Race will stage in the Poolesville Baptist Church parking lot across the street from Poolesville High School and start with a neutral roll-out until West Willard crosses Westerly Road. From Poolesville High School, go South on West Willard. Right on Offut. Left on Edwards Ferry. Right on River (dirt). Right on Elmer School. Right on Club Hollow. Right on Edwards Ferry. Left on Westerly 10 miles per lap. Feed zone on Westerly (see map below).
Finish Line Location -- In 2014, because of new housing construction on West Willard between the high school and Westerly Road, the race finish was moved to a location on Westerly Road about 1/4mile from West Willard. This means there no longer is a sprint finish to the high school. On the final lap after the sprint, competitors are to slow down before taking the left hand turn onto West Willard on their return to the race headquarters at the church community building across from the high school.
- Centerline rule will be in effect except for the final 200-meter finish
- Feed zone on Westerly ~ 3/4 mi from Willard and 1/2 mile from new finish line
- No feeding on last lap
- Anyone behind the caravan is considered to have withdrawn from the race, and must:
* Obey all the rules of the road, including stop signs
* Move completely off the pavement or road surface when a field overtakes them
* Obey a request by officials to abandon the race