Consider the open road a blank sheet primed for a tale of adventure, and the Sequoia, your pen to write it with. It blurs the lines of convention, finding itself equally well versed on the road, in the dirt, and 200 kilometers deep into a bike tour. Give it a whirl, and it'll change what you expect from a "road" bike forever.
- The Sequoia is built from Specialized Premium Cr-Mo, size-specific tubing. This ensures that every frame is strong, light, and capable, while every frame size rides exactly as intended.
- This philosophy is furthered with the Specialized Adventure Geometry that provides ample confidence over rough and smooth terrain, alike.
- Digging into the details, the frame is outfitted with an ample number of mounts for water, racks, and fenders
- Hand-built Adventure Gear Hayfield wheels are cased in 700x42mm 2Bliss Ready tires to be burly and tough as a mule. It's the ideal wheelset for anyone looking to skip town and not look back.
- Shimano 105 Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Here's a great review from Bicycling.com of the Sequoia:
"Specialized has really thrown its resources at adventure riding and, as a result, seems to have knocked the Sequoia and related gear out of the park. I used to think that many riders who rode endurance-focused road bikes would be better off on a bike like the Diverge. Now, I think many of those could enjoy the versatility of a bike like the Sequoia." - Ron Koch, July 12, 2016
Bike photos by: Kelly