White Park Cyclo-cross
ABRA Cyclo-cross Series #4
Presented by Pro Bikes
November 14, 2015
Morgantown, WV 26508
USAC Permit # 2015-2753
West Virginia State Cyclo-cross Championship!
Course: Course loop is approximately 1.25 - 1.5 miles long and fast. Fast lap times will be slightly over 6 minutes. Mixture of grass* and pavement** • Off camber surfaces • Lots of tight turns • Obstacles per loop include one set of man-made barriers.
1001 Mississippi Street
Morgantown, WV 26508
Preregister on Bikereg.com for only $30. Race day registration will be $40 and will open at 8:15 AM. USAC License required for all riders. Annual License or a One-day License can be purchased at the event for those who do not hold a USAC Racing License for $15.00.
The Cat 5 Race at 9:15 is for beginners to experience the fun of cyclo-cross without racing against seasoned CX racers. This class does not collect points towards a series competition.
Second Race Entered only $15.00
Race day registration opens at 8:15 AM.
*** Annual ABRA Food Drive at this event! Help other have a better upcoming holiday season by bring canned or non-perishable food items to this event. All items will be donated to the local food bank. PRIZES FOR GIVING!! For every 10 items you donate, you will receive one raffle ticket for sweet swag! You do not need to be present to win! Drawing at the end of the days racing action.
Call ups: Don't Start in the back of the field! Top 8 riders with ABRA Cyclocross Series Points will receive a call up for the first row of the start (Only if said rider is PREREGISTERED). From that point call ups are based on PREREGISTRATION order. Also within said order may or may not be "Promoters Discretion “call ups. Riders who register day of will scrum for position.
1. Mass start by class
2. After the time has elapsed and the lead rider crosses the finish line the bell will sound. All riders will complete one more lap after the bell has sounded.
3. There are many hazards both natural and manmade. The race organizers will make every effort to make the course as safe as possible, however all racers are expected to be conscientious of both the hazards and other riders on course.
4. Lapped riders will yield to riders on the lead lap.
5. Short cutting the course will result in disqualification.
6. There will be a pit area where parts/bikes may be exchanged. If a rider for any reason needs to to enter the pit they MUST follow around the complete course till they come to the pit entrance. No short cutting the course to get to pit area and NO back tracking to do so.
7. All riders must wear helmets.
8. Please be courteous and respectful of others. Un-sportsmanlike behavior may result in penalization or disqualification.
9. Use of mountain bikes is permitted but bar ends must be removed.
10. Any rider who "doubles up", if you make the podium in the higher class you are no longer eligible for ABRA Series Points or awards in the lower class. ** This does not apply to women doing both Women's Cat 4 and Women Cat 3/4 due to field sizes.
Race runs rain or shine. All USAC rules apply. Riders must wear helmets at all times. Mountain bikes permitted with handlebar ends removed per USAC rules. Riders under 18 need a signed parental consent form.
*** If you are on you bike, make sure you have you helmet on and fastened, even in teh parking lot*** Thank you!
Cash awards for Men's Cat 1/2/3, Men's Cat 3/4, Women's Cat 1/2/3, Women's Cat 3/4, Master's 40+, Master's 50+ and Masters 60+. Merchandise prizes for Men's Cat 4/5, Women's Cat 4 and Tandem. Junior, Men's Cat 5. We will be going five deep in all class except Men’s Cat 5 which is 3 deep.
• Single Speed - Cash, 5 deep, ($180.00)
• Men's Cat 1/2/3 - Cash, 5 deep, ($250.00)
• Men's Cat 3/4 - Cash, 5 Deep ($130.00)
• Men's Cat 4/5 - Prizes, 5 Deep
• Men's Master (40+) - Cash, 5 Deep ($180.00)
• Men's Master (50+) - Cash, 5 Deep ($180.00)
• Men's Master (60+) - Cash, 5 Deep ($130.00)
• Women's Cat 1/2/3 - Cash, 5 Deep ($250.00)
• Women's Cat 3/4 - Cash, 5 Deep ($130.00)
• Women's Cat 4 - Prizes, 5 Deep
• Men's Cat 5- Prizes, 3 Deep
• Juniors - Prizes, 5 Deep
• Tandem- Prizes, 5 Deep
Prizes will be distributed at registration/awards area within 1 hour of race results being posted. All prizes not claimed at the race are forfeit.
Results will be sent to USACycling.org.
No refunds starting two weeks before event date.