Registration Page: https://www.bikereg.com/michaux-endurance-series-michaux-maximus
Michaux Maximus is the first stop in the 2016 Volvo Michaux Endurance Series. Maximus is staged from the Piney Mountain parking lot on Pine Grove Furnace Road, due west of Pine Grove Furnace State Park. This is the same general location as the old Iron Masters Challenge held from 1991-2000 and what locales cheekily refer to as Norchaux. The 2016 edition of Maximus will provide riders with three challenging, fully supported X-C loops of 10, 20, and 30 miles respectively. Additionally, we will once again offer a Family Fun Loop. This 5 mile loop is designed to introduce young riders, families, and first time racers to the enjoyment and the challenge of riding in the Michaux State Forest. New for the 2016 season is the addition of a Super D category! Super D registrants follow the 20 mile loop and compete for prizes and overall rankings on select timed sections. Super D registrants will NOT be classified in the overal 20 mile results. If you wish to compete in both Super D and X-C you must register as a 20 or 30 mile particpant, as all 20 & 30 mile participants will also be eligible for Super D rankings. It is no secret that Michaux has a certain mythical quality not often found on today's mountain bike racing circuit. These are true backwoods throwback events chock full of technical and physical challenges. If you truly want to test your mountain biking abilities, this is the race series for you!
Pre-Registration Closes on Mon 4/25 at 11:59 p.m. and will re-open as Race Day Registration on Tues 4/26. Don't delay, Pre-register!
5 mile - $15
10 mile - $40 *
20 mile - $50 *
30 mile - $60 *
Super D - $40 *
*Includes the latest edition of our world famous Volvo Michaux Endurance Series
T-Shirt plus a post race meal !
Race Day Registration fee schedule begins on Tue 4/26 at 12:15 a.m.
Race Day Rates
5 mile - $15
10 mile - $50 *
20 mile - $60 *
30 mile - $70 *
Super D - $50 *
* Includes a post race meal. Volva Endurance Series T-Shirts are NOT included with race day registration but may be purchased on race day while supplies last.
2016 Race Course
20 Mile & Super D
RAIN OR SHINE
30 mile - 9:00
20 mile, 10 mile, 5 mile & Super D - 10:00
What do you get if you race the 10, 20 or 30?
1. You get that euphoric sense of accomplishment that comes from mud-wresting the forest for 3 hours and still managing to finish one of the single toughest races around. Period. Full Stop!
2. You get stocked aid stations on the course with GU, water, cyctosport, pb j, candy and more
3. Post-race meal.
4. Race T-Shirt.
5. 30 mile podium finishers receive cash prize
6. 10 and 20 mile podium finishers receive pick from prize table
7. Enter all three to qualify for the overall series title at the end of the series