Gran Fondo Asheville
Asheville, North Carolina
June 18, 2016
Start Time: 8:00 AM
Event Open to All from Beginner to Elite
Brought to you by GFNCS and benefitting Friends of the Smokies
500 Rider Limit
- Pre-Race Details -
Register today and support Friends of the Smokies
3 Loops to Choose From: 100 mile, 60 mile, 30 mile
4 Timed Sections in the 100 mile loop – Best Combined Time Wins
Age Group Categories
Cash Purse, Awards and Winners jerseys for Gran Route
Awards & Prizes for 60 mile and 30 mile winners
This is a 2016 Gran Fondo National Championship Series® event
Ride with your friends, Race with your friends
Fully Stocked Aid Stations to keep you going
Come Challenge Yourself
Not sure which route to ride, or just want to start the party early? 12 miles from the finish, there is an alternate route back to the finish line that bypasses the final climb up Elk Mountain Scenic Hwy. Although you won’t quality for timing sections, you can still win great door prizes during the awards celebration.
Packet pick up:
- Saturday 6/17/16, 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM; In Downtown Asheville, TBA
- Sunday 6/18/16, 5:45 AM to 7:15 AM; Pack Square Park on Spruce Street
What does the price of your entry include?
- Supporting Friends of the Smokies and Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Traffic control
- T-Shirt included for registrations received more than 10 day's in advance of event date
- Fully stocked aid stations with energy product and food
- Four Chip Timed Sections (requires over $100,000 in contracted timing equipment).This amount of equipment could time six standard races or two triathlons. It takes a lot of technical equipment to time this event.
- Post-race food, beverage, and entertainment
- Goody-bag with various swag items
- Finisher medal for all Gran Route Finishers
- Awards for age-group placement
- Chance to win Cash and Prizes for placement
- Chance to win raffle prizes
- The enjoyment of riding an amazing cycling route
Gran Fondo Asheville Event Description
Take a Sunday drive on two wheels and see the Smoky Mountains from a whole new perspective during the Asheville Gran Fondo on August 30, 2015. Together with Friends of the Smokies, the Gran Fondo National Championship Series® (GFNCS) brings a seventh event to Asheville, NC and the surrounding mountains. The Gran Fondo Asheville will start and finish in the heart of Asheville, in Pack Square Park. Riders will be welcomed to the finish line by the annual Organicfest where they can join in the celebration of everything organic, green, healthy & sustainable. Riders are provide a first serving of healthy organic food when they finish and can enjoy the music, body-workers, vendors, family fun, and even more great food at Organicfest. Asheville not only offers amazing riding but an all-around great time! Come join us to kick off the next great cycling event in America and help Friends of the Smokies preserve and protect the Great Smoky Mountains National Park by raising funds and public awareness, and providing volunteers for needed projects.