Start line address: 6800 Lily Pons rd, Adamstown, MD21710
Presented by NCVC/United HealthCare
Registration Page: https://www.bikereg.com/edsandercx
All USA Cycling Cyclocross rules apply
- There will be a $10 day-of-registration fee.
- USAC license required (one-day licenses will be available for beginner fields only if the rider has never held an annual license).
- Mountain bikes will be allowed WITHOUT bar ends.
- Held under USA Cycling event permit #2016-3228.
- There will be 1 double pit on the course.
- Event will be held rain or shine.
- MABRA Cyclocross Series rules available at http://www.mabra.org/
- Payout Parity: Top seven finishers in the Women 1,2,3 race receive the same amount in payout as the Men 1,2,3.
Warmups: The course will be open for inspection and warm-up approximately 15 minutes prior to each event. Warming up on the course during an event is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated. DQ & forfeiture of entry fee will result.
Call-Ups: Staging will be based on the most recent Cross-Results score or Super 8 series standings, using the following criteria:
- All pre-registered riders will be staged on the grid, by bib number. Bib numbers will be assigned as follows: The first 4 top ranked riders in Super8 Series then according to ranking on CrossResults.com as of the close of registration.
- Remaining riders will be staged by bib number, in the order of registration.
- All categories will reserve four spots in the third row, which are to be used for promoters’ discretion call-ups.
Those classes consisting of only cat 5 men or cat 4 women are staged by order of registration. All day-of registrants will be staged behind pre-registered riders. Full staging details are at super8cx.org.
Results: Super8 races are electronicly timed by Race Works Timing. The protest period is a firm 15 min from the announcement that results have been posted. Racers are also reminded to make sure their team name is correct in USA Cycling, BikeReg, and on the waiver at the race.
Pit: There will be one double-sided pit on the course. Please remove your equipment immediately following your race to make room for others.
Course Description: The course utilizes the beautiful grounds of Lilypons Water Gardens, with a balance of pavement, grass, and dirt paths. Much of the course winds around water filled ponds. Check out this Aerial Map of the Lilypons property. The black shapes are the ponds which define the race course. Make sure you don't end up in one of those ponds on race day!
Spectating: The course has great sight lines and many opportunities for spectators to get a great view of the action. A central announcer will be located in near the Start/Finish. Beer provided by 3-Stars Brewing along with waffles and popcorn will be available in the main tent, which will also prove to be a great place to heckle the racers as they traverse the barriers inside the tent. In addition to the Lil' Belgians races, a moonbounce will be onsite for the young at heart.
Mechanical Support: Mechanics from Freshbikes will be onsite to assist with mechanical issues.
- Onsite registration opens at 7:15AM and closes 30 minutes before each race.
- Second races are discounted to $15.
- No swapping or transferring of registrations. A refund request, however, may be made by sending -- no later than 9 p.m. on Wednesday, October 28 -- an e-mail requesting the refund to: EdSander@ncvc.net . After that date, no refund request will be honored.
- USA Cycling one-day licenses can be purchased online through the “Purchase One-day License” link at USA Cycling. If you do not have a USA Cycling account, you will need to create one to purchase the license. Bring a copy of the license to the race – printed or on the USA Cycling app.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.