The Course is a loop, approximately 10 miles, in the northern Woodstock area of Patapsco North.
- Trails are well maintained by MORE (Mountainbike Off-Road Enthusiasts) and the Friends of Patapsco.
- Expect a few small rock gardens and log-overs. All obstacles can be ridden by experienced riders and newer, beginner riders will have work-around options.
- Parking will border the pit area. (This does not guarantee that your car will be near your pit/tent area)
- The pit area will be a rectangle shape near the Start / Finish (Timing) area where racers and teams can setup tents. NOTE: this year we have received permission to use 6" or less tent stakes!!
- There will be one water stop located near Old Court road, adjacent the race course, at approx. mile 3.1. This will be a basic stop with water, soda, and few grab-and-go snacks.
- All Racers must carry enough food and water to complete a challenging 10 mile loop.
- Lap times are expected to range between 50 and 90 minutes based on skill level.
- We will have electronic chip timing care of RaceWorks Gruppetto
Here is a link to the target 2017 race course: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/21149416
- Course is approximately 10 miles
- There is a two-way stream crossing right before the on course Aid Station, be careful!
- The Aid Station will at mile 3.1 (Basics only - water, snacks)
- While we communicate in advance to other trail user groups (Horses, Hikers), there is always a possibility you will encounter others out on course. Please be mindful to pass carefully when approaching other trail users.