The Rocktown Cyclocross Festival takes place here in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley: Harrisonburg, VA.
It is an awesome event, and we are so stoked you are joining us!
Date: September 16, 2018
Event Address: Westover Park
305 S Dogwood Dr
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Our course features tight turns, off-camber sections, a steep run-up, barriers, some pavement, and a fun gravel climb! One of the best features of our course is how spectator friendly it is!
With the festival happening right in the city of Harrisonurg, you have quite a variety of options for checking out the shops, bars, breweries, and restaurants!
Making a weekend visit out of coming to the Festival? The riding options are endless! We have Hillandale Park just a few streets away from the race venue, the National Forest is just a thirty minute drive away, Massanutten Western Slope is close by as well, and it only takes a short mile to get out of the city and hit awesome country roads!
Visit https://www.rocktownbicycles.com/bike-routes/ for more detailed info on where to ride!
Rocktown Bicycles will be open all weekend to help you with all of your bicycle needs!
Normal hours: M-F 11am-7pm, Sa 10am - 4pm
SPECIAL FOR THE FESTIVAL: Sunday Hours - 2pm - 5pm!
Whether you are coming to race, and/or spectate, cheer, and heckle, we are so very excited you are a part of the day!
Where do I register for the Rocktown Cyclocross Festival?
Visit bikereg.com for Race Registration and additional info, or click the button below.
Venue and Course Info
- Bathrooms and Showers onsite.
- Extremely spectator friendly course. Wooded and hilly but nearly entirely visible from all points.
- Course features: off camber sections, dirt trails, grassy run-ups, moderate elevation change, barriers, a gravel climb, paved finish drag.
Other Festival Information:
- Race two events and get $10 off the second race.
- Is this your first time? You are eligible for Men's 5, Junior, and Women's 4. You will have to purchase a one day license at the race - we'll have them! Show up at least one hour early.
- Day-Of registration - we accept Credit Card, Check, and Cash.
- $10.00 late fee for registering day-of.
- Rocktown Bicycles will be open Sunday from 2:00pm until 5:00pm.
You may redeem gift cards on Sunday after the race!
- You can register at Rocktown Bicycles on Friday during normal store hours.
How else can I be involved?
- Volunteer with us! :)
- If you would like to be involved without racing, please feel free to contact us about volunteering. We need people to help set up and tear down the course every year.
- Race Director Ken Bell with interest in sponsoring the event, or general inquires, at email@example.com. If you need immediate contact, call the shop at 540-689-0070.
On Site Activities
Lil' Belgians Race!
We host a kids race at noon during the cross festival that is SO much fun! We have a small course set up that includes a section of the larger course. This is for pure enjoyment, and we are sure you will have a lot of fun seeing all the kids riding their bikes together!
Real Liège Style Belgian Waffles
These waffles are the bomb-diggity! Connor started making these for the 'cross race a few years ago, and it is one of the things we look forward to the most at the festival!
What makes these waffles so special? It is a specific Belgian style recipe that uses a yeast dough and tasty pearl sugar! Connor has perfected his recipe for these waffles, so we definitely recommend trying one!
The Westover playground acts as our central hub for the event and offers a great place for your kids to have fun while the festival is taking place! The 'cross course runs right next to it, so it's also a great spot for spectating!
Other local activities
If you're looking for other awesome things to do while visiting Harrisonburg, check out our Harrisonburg info page!
Rocktown Cyclocross Festival Location:
305 S Dogwood Dr
Harrisonburg, VA 22801